The Life of a Bealeton Babe

Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Do you mind...?

Ok...so if I'm posting, it HAS to be good.  Something motivated me to totally post this.  Honestly, I had to post this, because I realized AFTER I posted on Facebook that maybe people would get offended...and well that's what this blog is for, keeping things away from the facebook people.

The story:  I finally, FINALLY had an appointment for me.  Lately all doctors appointments have been for the kids.  Come October 1st, we will be here one year.  That means it's been well over one year since I've seen a dentist, MD, or even an OB.  Therefore, all these things need to get done.  The kids have been visitng the dentist alot this year, so I decided to make an appointment with the dentist.

Before I get into the visit, I need to backpedal a bit.  Our family dentist is a very friendly guy.  He LOVES my son, which gets him bonus points right there, because most people think he's just a pain.  My son, in turn, is very good for the dentist when he's there, so it's always an enjoyable experience.  You rarely ever hear a parent say that about going to the dentist.  But besides being nice and all, he's pretty nice to look at.

And please, don't get on me about checking out the dentist.  People that know the hubby knows he checks out women ALL THE TIME.  I'm married to the hubby, I love the hubby, but you know, I LOOK TOO.

So here we are, dentist day (or evening) for me.  He comes in, goes over my old x rays from Tucson, takes some X-rays, talks to me a bit about things.  Then he goes to start the exam.  That's when he says to me:

"You don't mind being horizontal do you?"

...

People, it took everything in my power to not die laughing in that chair.  Like a good girl, I sat in the chair while he lowered it and examined my teeth.  However, every time he looked away or turned around to do something, I would break out in a smile and have to stop myself from losing it.

I'm sure he meant it as an innocent question.  However, you all know me and my dirty mind.  I was afraid if I burst out laughing, I would completely embarass him.  I already joked when he asked if I could be pregnant, "if I am, that doctor down the road owes my hubby some money!"

I'm too much.

And FYI: When I got into my car, I burst out laughing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home