The Life of a Bealeton Babe

Monday, December 05, 2005

The First Post

So it's my first post...This blog has been made in order to save space on mine and my husband's site. I'm not sure if I will post a link to said site yet, cause I'm debating whether I should do that or not. But on my website I was keeping a kind of online journal. I was resisting this whole blog thing for a while because well...time. But I see so many friends of mine keeping blogs and so much stuff has been going on this year I figured...why not...

About me: I'm 29, half Puerto Rican, Half Ukraine/Irish. I'm originally from NJ, but now I live in Bealeton, VA (wow maybe in retrospect I shouldn't have named this blog after where I'm from...but oh well...). Bealeton is a little town that you can drive through on the highway on not even know you passed it. Unfortunately progress is coming our way, and I'll talk about it, but hopefully it will take it's sweet time.

I'm married, to a rocket scientist...no I'm not being a smart ass...he really is a rocket scientist. I'll be talking about our relationship and what it's like to be married to someone so freakin' smart it makes you feel sick sometimes. But I love him and he's just great...except when he's whining...(just kidding sweety...not really). We became first time parents in Oct. 2005. Our daughter is the most beautiful thing in this entire world...and she's got to be the best baby in the world. And let me say, there is no way like having a baby to show you whether the man you married is the right one or not...and Kevin has definitely proved himself one hundred times over. He was awesome during my pregnancy and he's awesome with 'the boobie girl' (boob for short).

Another thing about me...I'm a certified teacher...however I've taken time off to raise "the boob". I teach middle school social studies (yes I'm crazy).

Finally, my husband and I have 7 animals. One dog, three cats, 2 ferrets, and 1 bunny. All rescue situations. Their stories i'm sure I'll be telling one time or another. They totally add chaos to our life. I love em...dearly...but sometimes they drive me to drink.

That's the basics hope you keep reading my blog. I may post pictures from time to time...we'll see.

-The BB.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home