The Life of a Bealeton Babe

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Never EVER do this while married

I think the best advice I ever got when I was planning on getting married was "Don't ever sleep in different beds no matter how mad you are." I got this advice from my friend Laini's mom. We were at her shower (one year before my wedding) and everyone was asked to give Laini advice on her impending wedding. Her mother took a deep breath and gave this advice. She went on to say how no matter how mad she got at Laini's dad she never ever slept in a separate bed. She went on to say...

"Even touching in bed is important. Sometimes when I was so mad at your father, I would get in the bed, and face my back to him...you know get into bed all huffy (she demonstrated). Then I would slowly back at least my rear end towards him...then my full back...But somehow i was touching him. And then somehow it all seemed ok and easier to make up..."

It's not exactly how she said it...but something like that...and this advice, out of all the advice I've gotten, i still use. No matter how mad I get at 'the man' I still get into bed with him. Granted it may be HOURS after he's settled into bed, but I do get in with him. I'll get in slowly...keep my back to him...then suddenly...his arm is around...and somehow, it's all ok...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home