The Life of a Bealeton Babe

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

It's all about the thank you note today

Alrighty, time to tell you more about myself. I wasn't going to do this...but considering my family doesn't seem to be checking my away messages, I'm going to do it...

I'm using a blog as a means of airing out my issues with my family...

Backstory...The BB (me if you haven't guessed who the BB is by now) hasn't been talking to her natural mother now for about 8 months. Reason why? Well we got into a HUGE fight before my baby shower and haven't talked since. That's a story for another time...but in a nutshell, natural mother was being a selfish jerk, and the BB finally had it and told her to go bleep herself and called her a bleeping bleep...(of course after I did this I had to pull over and get myself together cause I couldn't believe I disrespected my mom like that...but then again, she's been disrespecting me for years...and continues to do so).

So, no talkie to the natural mommy...She obviously also doesn't attend my baby shower. MONTHS go by, the boob is born. (there's so much to tell about this I could go on...but I'm keeping it short). So boob is born in October...three weeks go by, no call nothing from my mom (whom we called---another story for another day--such a tease). In November, the boob gets three boxes sent to the house. The three boxes are addressed to her with card and everything made out to her. Boxes contain, clothes, toys, shoes, ect.

I HAVE NO CLUE what to do when these boxes come. Do I send a thank you card? Do I not? Nothing was mentioned to me or the hubby (who supposedly natural mom LOVES). I'm upset too cause I see what this is...a way of getting me to communicate...a way of tricking me into just sweeping everything under the rug and forgetting. Not this time. After therapy and contemplation...I choose to not send a thank you card.

MONTHS go by. A few weeks ago, my aunt calls. We are talking about random stuff when she asks if I have talked to my mom recently. I said no. She swears she hasn't talked to her in months (more on that lie some other day--tease again). Then she randomly asks me. Did you ever get that stuff that your mother sent you? I just say "Yes I did, and I'm sure my mother is telling everyone how ungrateful I am...yada yada.." Aunt says she has no idea what my mother is saying.

Why bring up something so random? Obviously natural mom is going around telling everyone "I sent the baby gifts and she couldn't even send me a thank you card." Well I had a C-section and she couldn't even call to see if I was ok...so you know what...you don't get a thank you card...especially for gifts that were two months after the shower you refused to go to. Furthermore...everything was sent to my daughter...when she's old enough to send a thank you card...if she cares to...she'll do it then...until then...bite me...


-BB

**Note: after I first started this posting, I got ANOTHER box in the mail...wonder if my aunt was talking about that...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home