The Life of a Bealeton Babe

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Days Awake Update

Sorry this took me so long to post. I wasn't going to post anything, but TSCGirl was like "You should tell everyone what happened with the Lollapalooza thing so they know".

Well as you all know, Days Awake was participating in the last band standing contest. Unfortunately, they backed out...listen to why...because I think you'll back them up on this one...

At one point during the second phase of the contest, Days Awake hit number 1. My brother and I were totally tweaking at this news and thought it was so cool. Even if they made it to 4th place, it meant they were going to Chicago. Well...after that Days Awake became a target (as they said on their myspace page www.myspace.com/daysawakenj. Apparently over the next few days, the band plummetted and bands that had little or no hits on their myspace page with very few gigs in the near future were hitting the number one spots. This didn't seem right especially since the band had tons of friends on myspace and they were busy every weekend with gigs...all weekend (I know this cause like I NEVER see Jay at home anymore when I'm visiting). So, someone in the band did some investigating and found that many of these bands were using automated voting procedures (which is cheating). Now Days Awake knew they had some fans using multiple emails from the same domain, but they even said "how can we blame them". And technically, if you read the rules, you can use any email you have. Now my brother husband, and I...we just have a bunch of freaking emails that we use every day...or have just because...so why not use them right?

Anyway, after seeing that the contest was obviously unfair, Days Awake sent a letter to Lollapalooza asking them to take them off of the list. They wanted nothing to do with a contest that is flawed. I have to give them credit and much respect. It's sad they didn't get to advance to the next level and even sadder that Lollapalooza didn't even investigate their allegations and just took them off of the contest, however, at least they have their dignity and integrity. I hope next year the contest will evaluate their procedures better.

-The BB

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home