The Life of a Bealeton Babe

Friday, July 14, 2006

At the Fair

First things first...did you vote today? If you didn't vote for Days Awake today, you NEED to vote!! The only Jersey band in the competition needs everyone's help. See my previous post and click on the banner there and vote ya'll!! They were in first place yesterday. The bro called me on my cell tweakin' about them being in first place. I IM'd J to congrat him and he started tweakin' cause he didn't know. So let's keep the two guys tweakn eh?

Anyhoo...as we speak it's 10pm and the boob is still up and about. She's been overstimulated from attending the Fauquier County fair. Even letting her sleep in our bed isn't helping.

Ah, the Fauquier County fair...I basically paid $10 to have a $4 funnel cake and buy $20 worth of Tupperware (I seriously wanted those kiddie sippy cups...what parent doesn't need them?...me that's who...but I LOVE Tupperware). My friend Margie wanted to go and bring her son. They had a special on rides. Pay $10 and have unlimited rides (as opposed to fleecing you for $3 per ride).

I had to admit, it was nice because we got together with our local mommies group. I got to hang with another mom we has a little baby. We sat on the bench with our little babies as we swealtered in the heat and we mocked all the inbreds. Carly and I agreed we are going to Hell in a handbasket, but at least we won't be alone.

The Fauquier fair was small. There wasn't as much in food I thought there would be. There wasn't even alot of fair food. There was funnel cake, candy apples, cotton candy, but no fried oreos or twinkies. Guess this was a low fat fair. Also there wasn't a whole mess of rides. Not even a ferris wheel. What the hell was up with that.

What I have to admit is cool about living in a farming community is that they don't skimp on the animals. They had tents just for goats. Then there were the cows (and the corn), the bunnies, the chickens, and the ducks. The boob got a kick out of watching the animals.

The boob was awesome considering she had to sit in a stroller or in my arms today. I have to say I am totally and utterly proud of her. I'm one lucky mama.

I can't believe how tired I am though. How come this kid isn't?

-The BB (*sniff, sniff* I smell a county fair in the area).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home