The Life of a Bealeton Babe

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Just Awful

Ok ok...my town has been really fueling my need for to post lately. So, there has been allt his construction in Bealeton because they feel this need to add services to the growing population. Personally, I don't see the need for three dry cleaners, two women's only gyms, and lots of fast food places I barely go to...but whatever. Apparently the public CANNOT LIVE without these things. (Please the neighbors are trying to rally for another grocery store...while I stopped shopping at our local Food Lion two minutes away--it was because of the prices...not the proximity. Now I drive 15 minutes to Wal-mart and save a bundle...hehe I food shop at Wal-mart).

Anyhoo...one of the new services we have had add is a new tanning salon. Now I don't see the need for this cause I have a tan 365 days a year (giving you a hint of what I look like). however, many people seem to feel this NEED to fake and bake, or look orange. So...I was taking my cat to the vet and this new salon is located in the new shopping center next to the vet's office. I just happend to glance over when I saw it...the name of this said Tanning Salon...you ready...?

The Body Bakery...

ISN'T THAT JUST GOD AWFUL?? I told the hubby about this and we had a good chuckle over this...I wanna know how much pot the owner smoked before he/she picked out the name...taking bets on how long the name or the establishment will last...I'm awful...hehe

-The BB

2 Comments:

  • At 10:35 PM, Blogger Polarhound said…

    As a juxtaposition, here's a description of an area I used to spend time in.

    - Until about 10 years ago, they didn't even have tone dialing.
    - You could dial in-town with the last 5 digits only.
    - Sitting at the marina bar, you could overhear people getting excited about getting together later that evening for a game of pictionary.
    - While most of them have never used a computer, they could tell you anything you needed to know to fix a boat motor.
    - They have a semi-good natured fued going with the next town.
    - They finally got their first gas station about 18 months ago.
    - The entire town has 2 bars, 1 bank, 1 post office, and a general store.

    What ever happened to the good ol' days, anyways? Hell, I may be only 30, but the town I grew up in had a penny candy store and a pharmacy that served hand-mixed root beer mugs for a quarter.

     
  • At 8:50 AM, Blogger Bealeton Babe said…

    Hey,

    I agree...I'm not for the developing they are doing in this area...I for one like not having to lock my door all the time...and I'm totally not for developing if some airhead is going to name new places "The Body Bakery". I can only pray that they never add the 200 McMansions they are threatening to build and that they keep everything as it is...never add a Target, never add another grocery...15 mintues to the Wal-mart in Culpeper is no big deal of a drive for me...just stop...and leave everything as it is now...let my children appreciate the simple things...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home