The Life of a Bealeton Babe

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Talk about pee on the leg

Ok...Ok I HAVE SEEN IT ALL...

Now...we live in the day in age where we do not hide our broken, handicapped or what not...we are a free society and are should be allowed t enjoy it. i'm just wondering if there is handicapped etiquette...now bear with me here ok.

I have seen people in wheelchairs (totally cool with me, my own sister in law is one of these people), people carry their breathing tanks with them (hey if you are mostly feeling ok, no reason a 30lb tank should get in your way and god bless you for chugging that thing around), and I've seen people using their crutches (I've used crutches, my heart goes out to anyone that does this on a daily basis...cause it's friggin hard). But I have seen the one that tops it all...

I was at the post office today getting mother's day cards out. As I was exiting a woman held the door open for me (very nice of her to do). I noticed she wore the shirt (I'm out, back in five minutes--something like that) and as I looked her over I also noticed that she was wearing something else...

She apparently had a catheter in her bladder and was wearing her pee bag on the OUTSIDE of her pants. Yes ladies and gentlemen I will repeat...she was wearing her PEE BAG OUTSIDE of her pants. How do I know this is a pee bag? Yellow liquid, we'll all narrow it down from there...

You know...I've had a catheter in me...I was in the hospital when I had this done...and I know people that have to cath. because of bladder issues...but I have never, ever EVER seen anyone cathed 24/7 and able to walk with it...

And that's where I thought this. Not that a tube up your woohoo should stop you from going out...no, no...but where should you wear the collection bag? I mean who really wants the world to see their nasty yellow pee? Should there maybe be a pee bag cover? Should people wear certain clothing that enables them to wear the pee bag underneath clothing?

I mean I've hear of wearing your heart on your sleeve, but your pee on your leg? Talk about leg warmers...Oh god I'm going to hell...

** My friend Tim alerted me that this could be a colostomy bag...which I always thought was on the stomach area. I have known people that have had these and it's cool cause you can use your shirt to cover it...but one on the leg...anyone ever hear of this?

2 Comments:

  • At 3:10 PM, Blogger Dennis said…

    one of my students patted his thigh to indicate his "bag" when explaining that he was still not quite out of the woods with his issue.

    I had no clue otherwise. Just looked like he had something in his pocket.

    dear liza dear liza.... You wouldn't want a hole.

     
  • At 8:52 AM, Blogger Bealeton Babe said…

    At least your student was tactful enough to hide it...wtf is up with the dear liza jibberish??

     

Post a Comment

<< Home