The Life of a Bealeton Babe

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

No really, I want to cancel...

The hubby and I subscribe to alot of magazines. Over the years the magazines have become more like...wire hangers. They are all over the place, we can't keep up with them, and we have no idea where some came from. So, I decided recently to start cutting back. Especially since having the boob, I have no need for fashion mags or various other 'guilty pleasures' I allowed myself. So, the other day I went to cancel my Cat and Dog Fancy magazines (I barely read them--I'm such a bad animal owner) by calling the 1-800 number on my credit card statement. I just have to say...god forbid I actually talk to a human being on these calls. The automated conversation basically went like this.

"Welcome to Cat Fancy subscription services. To renew your subscription, press 1, to cancel press 2" (at this point I press 2).

"To continue your subscription for 5 more issues at $5.95, press 1, to accept this offer, press 2"

Total stalemate here, I decide on pressing 3 for the hell of it.

"Are you sure you want to cancel?"

Um...yeah...since no option was given, I pressed 2.

"Congratualations! You've been randomly selected to receive 5 free issues of Bonzai magazine...blah blah blah..."

At this point, I hang up and hope that my cancellation went through.

One month later, I have a charge for $5.95 on my credit card bill...and the Cat and Dog Fancy keep on coming.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home