The Life of a Bealeton Babe

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Stinking hot

In case none of you on this East coast have noticed...it's stinking hot outside. It's so hot, you probably could fry and egg on the sidewalk..seriously. I brought eggs today at the safeway, and I took them into Home Depot with me cause I didn't want them to hard boil while I was in the store. I have no motivation and my new garden plants are dying. But hey...the pool water is like bath water...so that makes it all worth it.

What gets me is in this hot, sweltering, about 100 degree heat, the sadistic band teacher at the high school insists band camp goes on. The poor freaking kids! I'm surprised they haven't keeled over yet...especially the tuba players. How can you carry that much on you in this heat. I wonder if they hose the kids off at breaks just to cool them down. I faintly hear them playing from my house (they practice at the middle school down the street) and I think "Those poor freaking suckers". What crappy luck to have band camp scheduled on the week that it's above 100 degrees. I mean...reschedule? please?

I personally have tried not to leave this house if humanly possible. However, on Tuesday, hubby announced he had no lunches, so I had to go food shopping. It's amazing how 100 degree weather still can't keep the old folks from Wal-mart...after that was Bible Study. Then yesterday, wait i stayed home yesterday go, me. TODAY, I went to pick up something for the hubby, I did more shopping and I picked out paint samples for out kitchen.

Ah, our kitchen. Gone is the hideous plaid wallpaper (thanks hubby for taking that down...and thanks Kenazz for the hot blow job tip--hehehe). Soon, we will be spackling, sanding, and priming the walls. Then we will paint them a nice pinkish color. Actually mauve which drives me crazy...but unfortunately we have to pick something that will match the counter tops...which are mauve...oh well...this paint I picked isn't exactly mauve...more like a deep pink...yeah...that's mauve...

That will make our one room renovation for the year. Last year it was the boob's room...the year before we just moved in. Next year, we'll hopefully be moving the boob to a 'big girl' room in hopes that we'll need the nursery for someone else. Don't get nervous...I ain't preggers yet.

-The BB

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home