The Life of a Bealeton Babe

Monday, October 30, 2006

Burlington Crap Factory

Clarification: My birthday was October 27th...I updated this blog on the 27th...but the post says the 26th...fucker...well...it's the 27th...mark it down on the your birthday alarms...'aight?

Anyhoo...

You can't get cash back on your cash back policy

When I was pregnant with the boob, I of course registered at the baby stores. Unfortunately, some stores were only in New Jersey, and others were only in Maryland/Virginia. This seemed cool to me because then not everyone would be flocking to one store.

One store I registered at in NJ made a few people cringe. Burlington Coat Factory. *cringe* Apparently, Burlington sucked because they had a pretty crappy return policy. You basically had to have a receipt, the card the item was purchased with, and you had to stand on your head, reciete the Gettysburg address, then reciete the Nicene Creed. (People...there was not cash back policy).

Recently, Burlington was trying to make itself appear more kinder, gentler (and less burly) by issuing a new cash back policy. With any receipt, an item with tags still attached could be returned for cash or store credit.

Now...for boob's birthday my godmother went insane and brought her way more clothes than any 1 year old needs. Of course some clothes didn't fit, some didn't look right, and some were just not going to be good for this season. So, off the boob and I went to test this new 'store policy'. We get to Burly Factory and promptly find customer service. I'm greated by a cahsier who looks at me blankly and goes "you want to return this?"

"Um, yeah".

I give her the receipts with the items I wanted to return circled (thought it would make the process and her life easier). She looks them over and then says .

"We unfortunately need the card used to purchase these items in order to give money back."

"Well, I don't want to put money back on that card. I don't think my aunt would want that. I would be fine with store credit."

Suddenly the girl's eyes get wide and she almost seems to go wild.

"We can't do that" she spats at me.

I calmly say "Well it says on your store policy you can."

Before my calm persona has a chance to break another girl comes up and explains to the cashier that they can indeed give me store credit (HA!). The cahsier starts rifling through my returns (quite a few) and starts sighing and huffing. I am, at this point, biting my lip trying not to hate. The cahsier looks at the receipts and says to her friend "Well who circled all this?"

I grit, "I did, I thought I was helping you."

I am of course, ignored which is fine because I really don't want to fight for fear that store policy says fighting with cashiers will result in zero returns.

Suddenly, the cashier notices that all the tags have been reaffixed. Let me quickly explain that my godmother removed all the price tags for gift giving reasons, but gave me them all in case I wanted to return anything. She also anally wrote on the back of each tag what was what (YEHA!) So, I just reattahced the tags, then circled them on the receipt. I know the numbers match and I know each tag is what the item is. However, the cahsier thinks I'm trying to pull something. She asks an employee in infants to check the prices on all my returns. The employee looks at her as if to say "Are you friggin' kidding me?" She takes five minutes, returns and says they are fine. She looks at me as if to say "I can't believe this bitch is putting you through this" (she was nice to me when I went shopping in the infants department later).

Finally, the cashier starts getting my return ready. All the while, sighing, tisking, and huffing. I wanted to go "Why are you giving me a hard time for returning my items. Is it THAT HARD to do?" But again, thinking it's not store police to insult the cashier.

I got cash and a gift card back for my return. The great find at BCF was 99 cent bath books. I've been combing the stores for these things for month. They are great for a teething boob. But alas, nothing else in BCF was to scream home about. Really sad, but the experience of trying to return my items has permanently turned me off from the place.

-The BB

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home