The Life of a Bealeton Babe

Friday, January 12, 2007

FERRETBREAK!!!

The hubby and I have two cute ferrets. We used to have four in our hey day but nature took many of our ferrets to the ferret mecca in the sky. Sadly, the hubby and I have yet to recover from the loss of our 'main man' Ty, but we do still love the two we have left over.

I mean...how can you not love them...their ferrets...

I can think of a few reasons why...

Right now we have two 4 1/2 year old boys named Tiki and Duece. They are black and chocolate sables (respectively). Tiki is my mild manner boy with insulinoma and gets two shots daily. Duece is my wild, mischevious nut. We have had to alter the ferret pen many times because Duece's hobby is breaking out. It usually involves him climbing and taking a wild leap out of the pen. Many times this leap includes what looks like a painful landing on the wood barrier around the pen...but hey, he's unfased by the pain to freedom.

The other day the boys were especially wide awake when I went to do their morning routine (medicate Tiki, feed them, clean their paper, check their water level). Feeling bad about being an absent mom since giving birth to a human baby, I decided to let the boys run around the basement. They both did a war dance as they were let out of the pen and went streaking across the house. Anyone that doesn't know anything about ferrets, please note this: Ferrets are like kittens their WHOLE lives. There is no off button. They are always hyper. Hence the need to entertain them.

I went about the morning routine with all the animals. I also took time to check my email and do a few other things. Later that day I had an appointment with the hubby at the bank so I went to get ready (you soooo see where this is going now don't you?)

About an hour later I'm at the bank. I had a full schedule ahead of me. Close account with hubby, return a Christmas gift at Best Buy, use gift certificate at Burlington Crap Factory, do some more shopping. Suddenly, as I'm going down the list, something dawns on me...I don't even turn to hubby, I just blurt out.

"Oh crap, I forgot to put the ferrets back."

Instantly the hubby and I have flashes of a destructed basement. We also realize there was no paper laid down for them to 'do their business' on...oh crap literally...

I had no choice but to go about my day and worry about ferrets later. The drive into Manassas is a bit for me and not worth it to just turn around and go home. So I shopped. Enjoyed myself. I went home and went right to the basement. I knew exactly where the buggers were. They were cozied up together on the water bed under the cover. Not much damage was done. They got a hold of a bag of pillow stuffing, very much enjoyed that. I'm still finding stuffing in various places. Also they surprised us all by 'doing their business' in the corners of the bathroom (GOOD BOYS). Thank god for litter trained ferrets.

So far I'm not noticing anything missing...except a peek a block...

-The BB.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home