The Life of a Bealeton Babe

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Bealeton vs. Beachwood

As you all know, I live in Bealeton. However, many, many moons ago, I lived in a town called Beachwood. Beachwood is a small town just like Bealeton. They have their yearly Halloween parade, yearly Memorial Day picnic, and many of the residents participate in yearly Toms River Founder's Day. In a way, I went from one small town to another. I have always felt that Bealeton reminds me of Beachwood in it's early days.

However, there are many stark differences between Bealeton and Beachwood. Well for one, Bealeton is located in Virgina, while Beachwood, is located in NJ. Bealeton is already passed the Mason Dixon line, so of course there are those influences in the area. But I will say, there is that conservative edge to Beachwood. Especially since Beachwood is located in one of the few conservative counties in New Jersey (Ocean County). So maybe in the end you can say there is that similarity between them politically...just not geographically. Still with me?

The people in Bealeton are different from the people in Beachwood. Well for one, white people run the 7-11 in Bealeton. I haven't seen a white person work behind the counter in a 7-11 since my first days in Beachwood. When I walked into a 7-11 in Bealton, I walked in and said "Wow, good for you guys! You got this 7-11!" (editor's note: There is NOTHING wrong with anyone other than a white person working at a 7-11, I'm just noting how RARE it is to see someone in NJ working in one...don't send me hate mail...I ain't hatin'!)

Since we are talking about 7-11's it reminded me of this post and makes me think...you would NEVER see someone from NJ using a piggie lighter. Someone in Beachwood, NJ using a piggy lighter would be shot, burned and have the shit kicked out of them (and I mean that in a non hate crime way). **Warning the remainder of the paragraph is bro infiltration...You would also never see a person from Beachwood break'n their promise to to take their brother (and his friends) to lunch, the movies, and six flags...she's now threatning to hang out with her "friends" and leave me alone, AGAIN! Do you know I thought someone broke into my house and I was home alone because BB was scrapbooking. Well I hope the BB keeps her promise tommorow...and no matter what BB says there's a lot of rednecks here (even if they don't wear overalls. I can already taste Chevy's food, I think that's where BB is taking me tommorow...now I gotta go look at the movie timetable.

back...Thanks bro for killing the overalls joke...Yeah so you would never see someone from Beachwood in overalls. I actually didn't know this you know. Yesterday at the mall, I said "Maybe I should just get overalls". The bro looked at me like I had five heads and was like "Where are you gonna get overalls?" I said "Here, at the mall?" He was like "There are no overalls in New Jersey." Ok...gotcha...no overalls in Beachwood...baggie jeans, yes. Overalls, no.

And while the bro did point out, yes there are rednecks in New Jersey, but they all live in Tuckerton and parts of South Toms River...so that doesn't count. In Bealeton, rednecks are all over. They can be anywhere. At anytime. But they are cool rednecks. Nice rednecks. Tradition loving, Marlboro smoking, country music listening, pick up truck driving, piggie lighter using, rednecks. Notice how I'm trying to cover my ass?

Finally, I have to say fashion is different in Bealeton than it is in Beachwood. While some people in both areas wear wife beaters, in Beachwood, you will see more high hair and spandex...while in Bealeton, you'll see more flat hair and stretchy pants. Although, I have to admit, there isn't as much high hair in Beachwood as their used to be. However, the farther up the Parkway/Turnpike you go, the higher the likelyhood rises that you'll see high hair.

I really have no way to end this...

Wow...my brother's interlude totally killed my steam...just had to say that...bugger isn't getting six flags...still getting lunch though...Besides, I like Chevy's...I think tomorrow I'll make fun of my Uncle Mike...bro can help me with that.

-The BB

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home