The Life of a Bealeton Babe

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Driving late at night ritual

It's a ritual I have always performed whenever I was on my way home to my parent's house. Even now that I'm older, married, with a baby, I still find myself praciticing this ritual. In a way, it's a throwback to when I was a teenager/young adult and very much afraid of upsetting my parents. Just goes to show, no matter how old you get, you still try to please them. You are still their child.

This ritual of mine is performed in my car. Visualize it, I'm driving home, car radio blaring, me singing on the top of my lungs...get the picture? I'm coming down Surf Street in Beachwood, really not thinking much of anything, just listening to the music. Suddenly, I'll turn on Birch and go two streets down and go to make the left onto my parent's street. As soon as I get onto my parent's street, I instinctively turn down the radio. Then as I approach my parent's house, I turn off my headlights.

Don't ask me why...I'm still doing this...just did this last night. I guess there is a part of me that is still sneaking home, hoping not to wake up my parents.

-The BB
(short and sweet tonight, just like me...)

VOTE FOR DAYS AWAKE...please...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home