The Life of a Bealeton Babe

Sunday, June 25, 2006

A Baby in a Bar!

Ever see Sweet Home Alabama with Reese Witherspoon (what a sweetie)? In the movie there is the scene where she runs into her old high school friend and the old friend is like "Oh it's so cool to see you!" and Reese's character goes "You have a baby...in a bar." I was so totally thinking that tonight when I went out with my family.

Right now, the BB is in NJ visiting her parents and bro. We went out with the next door neighbors to this pizza place called Pete and Elda's (sorry bro if I mispelled). Apparently this place is like 'Da Bomb' according to the bro. He couldn't believe I had never been there, but he forgets that I've been out of NJ for eight year. In these eight years, my family has started traditions that don't always include me, or I should say I enter into after that have started. Well I was honored to be added to the Pete and Elda's tradition.

We drove 40 minutes to this place. It's actually Pete and Elda's bar and Carmen's Italian Restaurant. We had to wait in Pete and Elda's for 35 minutes for a seat in Carmen's. They are both in the same building. My mom took at a seat at the bar and I naturally joined her. The neighbors also joined us. I of course had the boob, so where I am sitting at the bar, with a baby. I felt so absolutely white trashy! I almost wanted to say "The baby wants a milk, on the rocks". However, I didn't.

Actually, while we waited, everyone passed by and commented on how adorable the boob is. I of course thanked them and said "She's a good baby too". And of course she is. I'm so darn lucky. The pizza, as promised, was great. Very very thin crust and very very good. I can see how one can actually eat a whole large by themselves. I had four pieces, each a different type of pizza (we ordered three Xtra larges with half and half toppings). Apparently they have this promotions where if you eat the XXLarge you can get a free t-shirt, but honestly, I don't think Im brave enough to do that. Bro wanted to tackle an Xtra large by himself, but mom quickly told him he was delusional. I actually think in the end, he did.

If you live by the Jersey shore, Pete and Elda's baby is the place to go!

-The BB

PS. Go vote for Days awake already peeps...they are dropping in the charts!!! Gotta get them to Lolla!!

1 Comments:

  • At 7:45 PM, Blogger Polarhound said…

    Only ONE XXL? Hell, it better be at least 10lbs, or it's no challenge!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home