The Life of a Bealeton Babe

Monday, June 26, 2006

Bathing Suit Shopping

Contributing writer today -The bro...who's pushing it with the Six flags bit...

My poor poor brother. What a trooper. As you all know, I've been staying at my parent's house with the boob for this week. I got here Friday. It's Monday, I'm bored (love seeing my family, but I'm actually MISSING housework). I decided that the boob, and the bro (who's off from school) are going to get lunch on me this week because i bored them to death figuring how to put on a bathing suit, jeez....I Know the Bro is excited, I even promised to take him and his friends to Six Flags! **I'll give you one hint where this blog post was infiltrated...

Ok...now the FULL Story...(if you aren't confused already). I decided that we needed to get out for a bit. So I declared that the boob and bro were going to the mall with me for clothes shopping. I thought any 14 year old would be happy to get out of the house, but apparently I was taking the bro away from some serious Myspace/AIM time. But away to the mall we went to get me a new post-baby bathing suit.

I am happy to say that I have lost all and them some of the baby weight (we've talked about this before and people and punching their voodoo dolls of me as they read this). Also, my old bathing suits are in dire need of replacement. The hubby loves tankinis which is fine with me cause they are comfortable and I enjoy them. This gave me at least an idea of what I was looking for.

Our first stop was Old Navy. Old, trusty, reliable Old Navy. Half my wardrobe is Old Navy. Almost half of my maternity clothes are Old Navy. I love Old Navy...however, I DIDN'T love Old Navy today. No good bathing suits there. No tankinis'...barely any one pieces...they only carry dental floss...in really awful bright colors. Obviously, I found nothing there.

My next stop was the Gap...took one walk around...and decided 'No'. Nothing there, they didn't even have shorts (which I'm also looking for--another story) and if they did, they were too expensive for my taste.

Finally, I decided to try JCPenney's on a whim. I saw some really really nice tankini's. However, they were only in sizes 8, 14, 12, (you get the picture, and I'm not telling you my size for fear of my life). Looking for sizes in Small, Medium, and Large, I was finally successful in finding this really nice maroon bathing suit combo. I went to the fitting room to try it on, leaving the bro with the boob. The bottoms were a bit small for my taste, but I figured one size up would be comfortable. Then I put on the top...well tried to. It was a halter tankini top, but somehow...I couldn't figure out how to put the *#%^@! strings into place. I got the whole thing tangled over my head. Finally, I flung it to the ground, got dressed and decided to find another tankini.

After a few more minutes of searching, I found this cute retro halter tankini combo that was a great price. It's nice and comfortable. My bro was totally patient through this whole thing. He watched the boob and was patient while I was picking out bathing suits. It's one thing to go bathing suit shopping with a girlfriend. Total other to go with one's sister. Sure I was pushing some comfort zone there (especially knowing that a certain friend of mine told him I'm a MILF--you are never living this down Kenazz). But, the bro was super and yes, he's totally getting free lunch out of the deal for going with me (and he got free Milanos and cookies). Six flags though? hmm...no...but great suggestion...maybe movie with a friend instead?

Love ya man!

-The BB

1 Comments:

  • At 9:45 PM, Blogger TSC Girl said…

    Kenazz needs a swat upside the head. Can I do it? Oh oh pick me!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home