The Life of a Bealeton Babe

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Escape to Wal-mart

Today was a stressful day for the BB. I've had a stressful few days...but today like put the icing on it...you know it was a kind of day under normal circumstances I could bounce back from...but under these...I just got pissed...

It all started out nicely. I was lying in bed thinking "How nice it would be to be snowed in today". When I got out of bed...what luck! It was snowing. Yeah!!! It was falling fast too. But then it all settled in. I had promised to take a friend to an appointment...and that's where it all went downhill.

The boob didn't get much of a nap and while she wasn't overly cranky, she was hyper and clingy. Not two good combos. I was scatterd and disorganized today. Then finally came the biggie...

Tiger Direct must die...Jerk offs totally screwed up the serial number on the bros new computer and it turned out Gateway couldn't start working on fixing it until the 22nd. Which means the bro won't be getting a new computer until 7-14 days from THEN. Fuckers...(bro should have taken me up on the 'my computer' offer). Anyhoo...I was just mad...mad at my friend, mad at Gateway, mad at people that are computer retarded (another story)...so I said "Wal-mart take me away"

I left the boob, with the hubby, stopped at Dairy Queen, got comfort food and went off to shop at Wal-mart for my food for the week. (so sad I escape to Wal-mart and not Lord and Taylor or the local bistro). I did my weekly food shopping and playing "clearance rack whore". I got myself a new pair of sneakers that I desperately need at $10, looked for Brita filters with no luck (where are they in that friggin store???), and shopped for clearances clothes and toys for my daughter (spoiling her makes me happy). There were times I went back and forth, spun my cart in circles and sang along with the muzak system. I'm sure the patrons and employees at Super Wal-mart in Culpeper think I'm insane, but I'll tell ya...I had fun.

I got the boob a Polly Pocket toy for $1. I spied a Little Touch book for her at $7 but I am going to pick it up on another day...if it's meant to be, it'll be there. I also got her a Disney cell phone toy at half price of what it is at the Disney store. It's almost like mine. It's a flippy phone and it makes noises like it's taking pictures, has different messages, and makes all kinds of noises. I'm hoping it'll keep her busy for 2 minutes tomorrow while I work.

I found love...at the Wal-mart store...hehe.

-The BB

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home