The Life of a Bealeton Babe

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Gerald Ford, the correct answer is Gerald Ford

Ok...I HAVE to post this. Just to give you an idea of the mindset of the people in this area...or the brainset that is...

My mother-in-law called me after Gerald Ford died to read to me something that was in the paper. It was in a section of "Heard About Washington". It basically went like this:

A father and his son are walking around DC. The boys goes "Daddy, why are all the flags at half-staff?" The father answers, "Because James Brown died son." Um...man was the godfather of soul, I do love him...but I think running the country kinda trumps the musician thing.

Another story:

My friend Wazis was at Wal-mart and she ran in to a few other of our friends there. It was New Year's Day and they were just doing some minor shopping. They were talking at the checkout about Gerald Ford dying. Suddenly the cashier at the register cuts in and says, "Ah don't see why they all making such a fuss over this guy dyin'. I mean he only invented the car..."

NOT FUCKING kidding you people. She said that. And that is why she works at Wal-mart. If I was there I would have strangled her ass while saying "It's Henry Ford you asshole. Henry Ford invented the Ford automobile and the concept of assembly production which our country adopted as a major form of employment during the early 20th century. GERALD Ford was president of the United States. Probably not even related to Henry Ford. But he was fucking president of the United States. That's why they are making a big fucking deal about it." (Honestly they didn't make enough of a big deal about it). Alas, though, I couldn't choke the little bit of brains out of the cashier because I was at Gerald Ford's lying in state...like a good American citizen. (1 hour in and out people...beat the 6 hours waiting to see Reagan's casket).

-The BB

1 Comments:

  • At 3:04 PM, Blogger Dennis said…

    I can always count on the stupidity of the average person.

    I hate to see what she expects when she goes to buy a taurus.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home