The Life of a Bealeton Babe

Monday, January 15, 2007

Excuse me, my hay's on fire

This just really only happens to me I think. Seriously, a few weeks ago I break my ass to get out of the door EARLY for my 'club' board meeting. Traffic was flying, thus far and I was confident I would be there EARLY. What a concept. Yeah well the fickle finger of fate had a different idea for me.

I get to the 17/15/29/let's just put all the streets together junction and it STOPS. Crawling slower than a snail down the road. Of course there are like 50 million trucks so my short ass self can't see past them. I'm getting pretty antsy after five minutes because my EARLY window is closing in. I'm sitting, and sitting, and sitting...getting pissier, pissier, and pissier. I HATE not knowing what I'm sitting in traffic for.

So I call hubby.

"I'm stuck here at (you know where) and it's stopped, barely moving, check out WTOP online and see what's going on for me, please." (I would have listened but I really didn't think it would be on the radio. I didn't think they reported on the middle of nowhere on WTOP. Hubby checked, nothing. No big surprise to me, but I was frustrated. So I sat it out. I called my friend Wazis to tell her I was running late and didn't know why. She understood.

I sit and sit, crawl and crawl. Then I finally pass the big hold up. I see a pick up truck with hay in it, then a fire truck and of course like a bunch of cop cars (exciting stuff in this area). I finally get passed the traffic and start breezing on through. Of course by now, I'm like 20 minutes late.

Wazis called me back.

"Girl i found otu why you are stuck there."

"I just FINALLy got through, what was that about?"

"Carter heard on the radio that a hay truck caught fire by the Fauquier Motel. They guy went to get help and no one spoke English".

Now first off, I was pretty surprised it was on the radio. I would have LOVED to hear that report:

"Yes breaking news coming out of Opal, VA. A hay truck has caught fire, we have "Someone Radio like" on the site. "Yes Tom I'm speaking with the truck driver right now, can you tell me what happened? 'Ah'll tell ya what happened, I was driving my truck. Son of a bitch caught on fire. So I go over at the Faquier Motel and no one be speaking English over there. Mighty annoying what this country is coming too. All the Spanglish over there and not one of them speaks English. Took me forever to get help. Now my truck is ruined. The hay is alright though..."

Well...possibly in the future, the Fauquier Motel, the motel that advertises "Color TV" can try to get some bilingual staff. Until then...watch the hay on your truck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home