The Life of a Bealeton Babe

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

My Little Bunny

When the boob was one week old, I read her a book for the first time. I was home alone for the first time and was still in pain from surgery. So reading a book seemed like a nice, relaxing thing to do. Also, it's never too early to start reading to a child.

The book I chose to read to the boob was "The Runaway Bunny" by Margaret Wise Brown, illustrated by Clement Hurd. These two are the dynamic team behind "Goodnight Moon". This story is so sweet and brought me to tears. The tears could have been mixed with post partum hormones, but I think too because I've become such a mush since becoming a mom. Basically, the story is about a little bunny that wants to runaway from his mother rabbit. His mother rabbit insists she will find him wherever he goes. She even says she will help him along his journey in life. As the bunny challenges his mother with possible running away scenarios (becoming a rock on a mountain, a fish in a trout stream, a bird), his mother, like any good mother, tells him how she will 'find him'.

At one point in the story, the bunny announces that he is going to become a sailboat and sail away from his mother. The mother says "I will become the wind and blow you where I want you to go." The next line starts:

"If you become the wind and blow me, "

At this point, I always crack up.

Because I am one perverted mama...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home