The Life of a Bealeton Babe

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Church Signs

Ok, I've held my breath through some really good ones. There was the "a Ch isn't a ch unless UR in it" sign. Then there were various others that said something like "Accept Jesus or you're going to hell", but I couldn't take this one. There is a particular church on 28 past Nokesville that has some really good signs. I shrug them off as idiotic, but this one totally takes the cake. A few weeks ago I was driving down 28 on my way home when I nearly slammed my brakes at the sight of this:

"Wal-mart isn't the only saving place in town"

Not kidding you people...they went there. They threw extra cheese on the corn. IT...WAS...BAD. I have no idea if they think this kind of advertising is actually going to bring serious people in or if they think people will come check out the church just to see who has the sheer balls to post something like that. Honestly, is there like a handbook someone wrote on signs to post in front of the church. You know, kinda like a church missle. It's the 'church sign missle'. You know during advent post this, after advent post this. There has to be because some are starting to look the same or rip off each other.

Another memorable sign as I drove down 29 the other day:

Love your Mother
11am on Sunday
See we've neglected our mothers so much that the church feels they need to designate a time we need to love her...
I'm sure there will be more on this issue. I wish I got pictures, I so wish I got pictures...

2 Comments:

  • At 7:56 PM, Blogger Polarhound said…

    My personal favorites:

    "If you're too open minded, your brain will fall out."

    http://www.churchsigngenerator.com/churchsigns.php?page=2

     
  • At 10:40 AM, Blogger TSC Girl said…

    They must have some kind of listerv, b/c I saw the same WalMart cheesiness on achurch down the street from my office.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home