The Life of a Bealeton Babe

Friday, June 02, 2006

Be careful in parking lots

So today, after a hard days work (like you know 4 hours worth...that's hard for me...), I went to draw out cash at the ATM and treat myself to some ice cream. I get my too expensive carvel blasted ice cream (that's what I get for shopping in the Gaithersburg, MD area) and I head to my car. That's when it hits me...the parking lot is a dangerous place. Why? All I have to say is...

S-U-V

They are all over. Them and trucks, you cannot get away from them. The hubby refuses to be turned to the dark side of driving, but I know we cannot avoid it for long. Our family is only going to get bigger and I personally am getting tired of having the dog sit on my lap during really packed car rides. Also not wanting to become Britney Spears and have a kid ride on my lap, yo...

But back to my problem with SUVs...they take up too much friggin space. Until our parking lots are made with bigger spaces to accommodate their bulk, I'm going to have an anxiety attack every time I try to back out of a parking spot. Why? BECAUSE I CANNOT SEE PAST THE DARN THINGS! Even with my full size-normal sized car, I can't see past an SUV. And of course EVERYWHERE I go I have two parked next to me. That's why alot of times I'll park in East outer Jabib so I don't have to mess with a potential parking lot disaster. 'Sides, walking is good for the mind and body.

Just annoys me, you know...especially when the SUVs park right on the lines...and I park all normal, like I'm supposed to. However, I have to turn sideways and squeeze out of my car in order to get out or in (lucky I'm skinny...or I'd never get anywhere). Oh and I try like hell to watch how I open the door because they are on top of me and I don't want to ding them, but do they watch out for my little defenseless car? Probably not...

Well, someday, when I have my eco-friendly mini-van, I can strike back. However, until then, I'm gonna have to get used to a doggie in my seat. Talk about getting pawed...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home