The Life of a Bealeton Babe

Sunday, February 18, 2007

The mini plow that could

It was the funniest damn thing I ever saw. It was our first winter in this house and of course it snowed. Wasn't bad or anything. But here came this little machine coming down the street and I was like "You gotta be kidding me."

I guess around here there is no state funded big ass plows that come through here. No, no, we got the mini plow. The mini plow is basically a small tractor...at least I think it's that. It's probably about half foot taller than me, with a six foot something guy driving it. It has to go up and down my street four times just to clear the road. But dang it, he clear it. Boy doesn't start working until noon so you can't go anywhere until then but he works all day and into the evening going up and down all the roads.

Occasionally, a bigger truck with a plow attachment will come by and help out, but it's just a one time thing. I'm assuming the guy gets paid by the city of Bealeton, or maybe the county. Just damn, hope he gets paid well. Or are the just being cheap bastards and giving us the mini plow cause they don't want to pay for the big one.

Every time I see the thing I think "I think I can, I think I can."

3 Comments:

  • At 5:57 PM, Blogger Polarhound said…

    I think this sums it up best:

    http://www.eatliver.com/img/2007/1768.jpg

     
  • At 11:57 AM, Blogger Kimberly said…

    I wold take a mini plow at this point. My driveway is still frozen!!

     
  • At 6:42 PM, Blogger Polarhound said…

    Here is what you want:

    http://img.alibaba.com/photo/10811874/John_Deere_Skid_Steer_270.jpg

    They are a blast to drive!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home