The Life of a Bealeton Babe

Monday, February 19, 2007

Where is Remington Press?

Ok, this should have been a simple, easy mission for me and the boob today. We had to go print some stuff and try to shmooze the people at Remington Press to give us free copies. Before I left the house, I checked the address: ... James Madison Rd., Remington. Cool, I knew exactly where James Madison Rd. was and everything in Remington seemed to be right. Should be no problem finding the place right? RIGHT??

Wrong...

The boob and I must had drove up and down James Madison Road five times trying to find the place. I'd check the numbers of houses and they would go from 104 to 1125blahblah instantly. I couldn't find the building I was looking for. I called the hubby in hopes he could look it up on the computer. He didn't answer his cell phone. Then I called my friend Wazis.

"I can't find this place. I must be retarded"

"Well we all know that...Let me call them see where exactly they are"

I drive up and down the road a few more times beginning to wonder if it was run out of a shack or something. Then Wazis called me back.

"Where are you right now?"

"At the post office."

"Ok, you've gone too far. It's way down the road behind a gas station."

Behind a gas station, of course.

I started driving in the direction Wazis told me to go. As I kept driving and getting closer to the end of the road, I really started to believe I was going the wrong way again. Then I noticed the numbers on the road. They were going in the direction I needed them to go in. I started to keep an eye out and 'lo and behold. I found the gas station with the little Remington Press building behind it.

The place is really small. Doesn't seem like a place that handles a major publication like the monthly county newsletter/coupon mailer. The woman general manager was so nice. They even have an office, which me and the boob thought was the coolest thing. She printed my order on site. I mentioned we used to have business with them before. She didn't seem to remember so that meant no free copies, but hey, I get to support a local business. And every month, the boob and I can visit their cute as hell cat.

-The BB

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home